Check Engine Light
Why Choose Auto Scandia for Your Check Engine Light Needs?
Expert Technicians: Our ASE-certified technicians have years of experience and are equipped with the latest diagnostic tools to pinpoint and resolve check engine light issues accurately.
Comprehensive Services: From basic diagnostics to complex repairs, we handle it all. You can trust us to get your vehicle back on the road in no time.
Competitive Pricing: We offer competitive pricing without compromising on the quality of our service. Your satisfaction is our top priority.
Customer-Centric Approach: We believe in transparency and open communication. We’ll explain the issue, provide a clear estimate, and keep you informed throughout the process.
High-Quality Parts: We use only high-quality parts to ensure your vehicle runs smoothly and reliably.
At Auto Scandia, we understand that a glowing check engine light can be a cause for concern. That’s why we take pride in providing top-notch check engine light diagnostic and repair services for all models of:
Reasons Why Your Check Engine Light Might Be On
- Oxygen Sensor Failure: The oxygen sensor measures the amount of unburnt oxygen in the vehicle’s exhaust system. If not replaced, this can lead to reduced fuel efficiency and increased emissions.
- Loose Fuel Cap: Before causing panic, it’s always a good idea to check if the fuel cap is on properly. A loose cap can trigger the light because it affects the pressure within the fuel system.
- Catalytic Converter Failure: This part converts harmful carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide. A failure can reduce fuel efficiency and increase harmful emissions.
- Spark Plugs and Wires: Worn or fouled spark plugs, or failing plug wires, can cause the engine to misfire, reducing its performance and fuel efficiency.
- Mass Airflow Sensor Failure: This sensor measures the amount of air entering the engine to determine how much fuel is needed. A malfunction can decrease fuel efficiency.
- Ignition Coil Issues: Ignition coils help spark the spark plugs. A failure here can lead to an engine misfire.
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Failure: The EGR system reduces pollution by recirculating exhaust back into the engine intake. A malfunctioning EGR valve can hinder performance and increase emissions.
- Software Updates: Sometimes the vehicle’s computer system just needs an update, and the check engine light is a way of indicating this.
Contact Auto Scandia Today
Don’t ignore that check engine light! Let the experts at Auto Scandia in Herndon, VA, take care of it for you. Contact us today to schedule an appointment, and we’ll have you back on the road with confidence in no time.
Reviews & Testimonials
We would like to take an opportunity to express our deep appreciation for everyone who has helped build our community. For all of you who made this journey with us, and especially those of you who have been with us from the beginning, we extend our gratitude as we celebrate AutoScandia‘s 40th year in business. Visit our reviews page to see more kind words from happy customers.